I really like how this teacher is organized throughout her room. She uses alot of color and themes each year. She has a ribbon with sheets of paper on them for her six traits of writing. It is very colorful and eye catching. I was thinking this could be done for the daily schedule as well. I like how she put desk in a cluster by her word wall. Easily available for children to use. She has a colorful layout of workboard ideas. I like how this teacher incorporates numbers throughout her room to use for various things. Like lining up, table seating, seats on the floor and on the desks. A great way for children to know exactly where they should be throughout the day. This eliminates fighting about where you will be. The writing folders was a great idea to use with very little resources. Make use of what you have. The library is organized in bins instead of a book shelft. I thought this was cleaver and you could put books in some type of structure according to what you are teaching. I like how she carries out themes in her classroom. It all pulls together very nicely. For example: She has the Surf theme. Students work is called Surf shack, Calendar is called the Calendar Cabana, Word Wall is called ride the word wall and so on. I like how she is involved in decorating the letters of the alphabet. She did A for alligator and they exchange letters and you end up with all the letters of the alphabet very decorative and unique. The children are apart of this project. I like how she has a dry erase sheet at each table for each student so they can freely use them throughout the day. There is no carrying them back and forth to the tables and shelft. What a handy way to make use of your space and have that extra for a child that they may need throughout the day.
You can check out her blog spot at: http://msk1ell.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment