My last blog spot is a kindergarten room also. I like the turkey retelling event. She even had parents come in to help children retell the story. She had alot of ideas and crafts. What a great way to bring parents into the classroom to help. I like how she showed you the trick with the brads on each side of a headband with rubber bands. We often make headbands in the room and go through so much tape and it always comes apart. I'm going to try this with my next headband project. I like how she uses photos in her classroom. She had photos of what good behavior looks like for classroom rules. Photos are an awesome way to show children how things should be done. Her rules where simple and sweet but to the point. In her reviewing shapes she was also multitasking by working on sight words and printing at the same time. The alphabet work with name cards have photos on them and she rights the name with all constants in black and the vowels in red. This is an awesome idea for young children to recognize this imporant concept. I like her beginning of the year activity to see where each child is at the beginning of the year. They had to write their name, dra a person, any details, any setting, clothing and is the person grounded? These where the things she was looking for. I like her idea of the badge holders with clips, which is great to use when you have a sub. It is really hard for sub to know children and she keeps these handy for this use. I though her 5 finger rubric for writing was an awesome idea. The hand with what was needed to remind the students the imporant things to write. It is a grea visual reminder. I like how she uses Dr. Jeans songs for alot of uses. They give you alot of song ideas and we all need new songs to use in our classrooms. I also like the clue cards that Dr. Jean gives you like kiss your brain, fire cracker clap, looking good, and silent cheer. We need to constantly be reminding children how wonderful they are doing.
You can check out her blog at: http://kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com/
I loved the educational craft ideas on this site it was great. -Charleen
ReplyDeleteThis blog had great ideas for the early childhood teacher. I really liked how she included the families into the projects so everyone is involved in the students learning.
ReplyDeleteShe did have lots of craft ideas that you could use. Including families sometimes can be hard but if you are creative and unique you can find ways to make it fit your classroom.
ReplyDelete